Sunday, November 29, 2009

2 months!

Daniel is now just over two months old. At 2 months, he was 10lbs, 14.5oz and 22.5" long. He is well on the growth charts for his actual age and is in the 95% for length and 90th% for weight for being premature. He's doing a great job of catching up!



Being a preemie, he is still SLEEPY, but has started waking up more and more. He's been a really good sleeper at night, only waking twice most nights and sometimes only once.


To soothe Farrell though, our world is not all peaches and roses :-). Despite getting a decent amount of sleep, my brain is still complete mush. Luckily I don't have to go back to work for a few more months since I don't think I'd be worth very much just yet! It does make classes challenging, so I'm glad I only signed up for one. Hopefully I can manage two next quarter since classes will be nearly done by the time I go back to work. He also now refuses to be put down during the day, through naps and all. We did get a swing that he'll now nap in for 30 minutes usually, which is a lifesaver. More unfortunately, the last week has brought a new joy to our lives - baby spit up. For those of you who have babies, you of course know all about this, for those of you who don't - well, don't read further :-).



Baby spit-up is HOT and gross. The poor baby has entered this phase of what I can only assume is rapid growth, most likely due to seeing Logan at Thanksgiving, making the sit-up even worse. (Seeing Logan always seems to inspire him to eat, eat eat!) He has spent the past two days eating constantly and sleeping whenever he isn't eating. At least it hasn't seemed to change his nighttime routine yet. I think he's eating more than he can handle though since spitting up went from being an occasional thing, dribbling a little bit out perhaps once or twice a day, to being an every feeding event. Sometimes we get really lucky and he spits up, but remains frantic for food and cannot be distracted with any sort of pacifier. Then we get a second round of spit-up during the feeding. Let's just say we're doing a lot more laundry than we used to.



One thing that's very cute - he has started to treat his burp cloths as loveys. We haven't been able to get him interested in the actually lovey we got from Aunt Jen yet, though I'm sure that will come in time, but he holds on tight to his burp cloth after eating and will continue to hold it through his nap.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you must suffer as we all have suffered before you.
    PLEASE tell me you have a baby carrier, so you can strap in boy-who-won't-be-put-down and have your HANDS FREE. If not, I am sending you one.

    Sophie used to use receiving blankets as loveys too until TT bought her the pink one - same as the blue I bought Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, we have baby carriers. A friend lent me two of hers and they have been lifesavers!

    ReplyDelete