Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas

Stolen from Farrell, from Swistle.

Eggnog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate preferred, but our local dairy's eggnog is really good.

Does Santa wrap the presents or leave them open under the tree? Hmm, we haven't decided yet.

Colored lights on a tree or white? Colored, but I like white ones too.

Do you hang mistletoe? No.

When do you put your decorations up? Generally mid December, but lights are earlier. Definitely AFTER Thanksgiving.

What is your favorite holiday dish? Au gratin potatoes. :P I haven't had them in years though, perhaps this is the year to recreate them at home.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, one.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? It's a hodge-podge.

Snow: love it or hate it? Love it, especially fresh. Don't like to commute in it, but don't mind driving in it generally. I don't like the end of it, when it's yellow/brown mush though.

Can you ice skate?
Yep, though I'm not nearly as good as I used to be.

What is your favorite holiday dessert? Peanut butter cup bars. Not really a holiday dessert, but something we always (and only) ate at the holidays. I made homemade whoopie pies one year too...those were really good.

What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Singing Christmas songs.

Candy canes: yum or yuck? Mostly yuck! I love candy, hate peppermint.

Favorite Christmas show? How the Grinch Stole Christmas; Elf; Home Alone.

I'm looking forward to starting new traditions this year with our new baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment